TheRecord Manager™ represents a complete suite of content management solutions designed for all types of organizations, from small to large, for managing their FTR digital content. It is comprised of the Basic, Standard, Access, Guardian and Warehouse Editions, each of which can be used independently, or in combination, depending on the set of features that best meet the needs of your organization, both now and into the future.
Every product in the FTR Gold® family of courtroom recording solutions now includes the Standard Edition of TheRecord Manager which provide ssome fundamental content management capabilities. Organizations desiring additional features can obtain one or more of the for-fee editions to expand the content management functions available. When implemented as a complete package, TheRecord Manager enables simple, efficient and effective management of all FTR content across the enterprise, delivering substantial benefits to both users and administrators in the process.
Key Features of TR Manager suite
- Authentication of recordings
- Restricted access to specific features
- Concurrent archiving to CD/DVD & network
- Real-time or post-sealing & unsealing
- Conversion of recordings to alternate formats
- Importing MP3 files
- Central configuration & management of recorders
- Recorder usage statistics
- Instant access to FTR content, even across a WAN
- CM/ECF Support, for US Federal Courts
In Court Recording & Beyond…
Any Editionof TheRecord Manager can be used independent of the latest versions of FTR Reporter and/or FTR Reporter A/V to manage pre-recorded content generated using FTR digital court recording solutions. Depending on the particular edition of TheRecord Manager that is installed:
Court Clerks and Electronic Court Reporters (ECR) can seal select proceedings to either optical media, a protected network location or a Warehouse server. They can also convert FTR recordings to alternate formats such as MP3, AVI, DVD-Video etc, as well as encrypt it for distributing outside the organization.
Judges can be confident in knowing that any digital court recording logs can be effectively sealed for restricted access and/or encrypted for further protection. In addition, they can instruct for corresponding log sheets to be sealed, and either redact or remove the generally archived log sheets in order to restrict access to potentially sensitive notes.
IT/Network Administrators can easily restrict access to content as well as enjoy the convenience of several automated/scheduled processes such as export and naming of recordings to CM/ECF-compatible format (for US Federal courts), as well as being able to migrate or back-up content to offline storage. They can also choose to maintain a duplicate set of recordings in a variety of industry-standard formats.
Benefits of TR Manager suite
The unparalleled capabilities of TheRecord Manager translate into tangible benefits such as:
- Simple and secure access control through sealing and encryption
- Redundancy, through dual archiving
- Time savings from being able to centrally configure replication from multiple recorders
- Improved administration efficiency & streamlined processes by automating the conversion of FTR content to alternate formats and posting compatible content directly to the Federal CM/ECF system
- Greater convenience and an enhanced user experience, through near-instant access to all content
Regardless of how it is implemented, investing in TheRecord Manager will provide you with the right tools that your organization needs to easily and efficiently manage all FTR digital content. Additionally, it is also a platform through which FTR will deliver new expanded features and solutions in the future that your organization can leverage in the years to come.