The Procurement Manager will demonstrate excellent representation of For The Record in negotiating and formulating policies with suppliers. This person will be responsible for the coordination and completion of all procurement and contract management activities, as well as overseeing inventory and supply. Outcomes of the role are as following:
- Will refine the procurement process as required and manage the supply base efficiently and effectively through supplier negotiations and identification of cost reduction opportunities.
- Suppliers will be evaluated and selected based on sound norms and standards.
- Will maintain adequate and appropriate supply levels; assuring inventory can respond to demands in accordance with business needs.
- Will work with the Finance team to develop policies and procedures to address costs and allocations
- Will be responsible for reporting in regards to wins, losses, savings and areas of improvement
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received; monitors inventory levels and processes purchasing orders as required
- Audit, record and track all inventory from warehouse distribution to end destination
- Manage supplier complaints, settle disputes and resolve conflicts to acceptable purchasing standards and until corrective action is acceptable to the company
- Assist accounts payable personnel with supplier invoice issues
- Monitor and approve new vendor requests
- Complete new supplier credit applications
- Assist in new product sourcing and design
- Identify the developmental needs of others in understanding the purchasing process and provide the coaching required to achieve positive results
- Establish objectives and strategies to identify potential money-saving opportunities
- As requested, negotiate contract terms from suppliers to support broader business needs outside of US.
- Analyze/compare supplier options and make recommendations to source product
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish work
- Establish and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with critical suppliers
- Develop, implement & maintain purchasing, supplier and contract management instructions, policies and procedures
Essential Work Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience in sourcing, purchasing, RFP processes, supplier management and /or procurement processes
- 3+ years proven experience in inventory management
- 5+ years proven experience in sourcing, purchasing, supplier management and/or procurement processes
- History of contract review and analysis experience including interpreting and understanding contracts, modelling various pricing scenarios, and strong negotiation skills
- Proficient in procurement systems and current industry standard PC applications
- Demonstrated flexibility to successfully deal with competing priorities
- Demonstrated high level problem solving ability
- Excellent communication, liaison and negotiation skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical terminology to people with limited or no technical understanding.
- Proactive and solutions driven
- Proven ability to manage deadlines and budgetary limitations
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work calmly under pressure, multitask and prioritize.
What's in it for you?
A great team to work with plus a competitive Benefit Package, including:
- Medical/dental/vision plans 85% employer paid
- 18 Vacation days
- 11 Holidays
- 5 Sick days
- Short/Long Term Disability 100% employer paid
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- 401k with matching 50% up to a maximum of 3%
For the Record provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, For The Record complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Interested parties must submit a resume to be considered an applicant
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States