As part of a global infrastructure team, you will be working with colleagues to provide full Infrastructure coverage to the FTR team. Your primary responsiblities will be to support the IT systems and applications, such as Microsoft Server, Active Directory, Microsoft SQL, Powershell and .NET Framework stack hoted on mixed traditional server infrastructure and within Amazon Web Services (AWS). In addition, you will manage 3rd level support for the US region, supporting the in-house service desk team with application support, advice, documentation and training as required.
Primary Role Responsiblities
- Holistically managing, configuring, installing, supporting and maintaining of the groups infrastructure environments, hosted on premises and within Amazon Web Services.
- Manage the .NET, Microsoft SQL, AWS RDS, systems and databases, ensuring that they are backup, optimised and secure
- Maximising infrastructure performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with infrastructure team members, and vendors on infrastructure optimisation.
- Establishing system environments by designing system configurations, directing system installations, defining and documenting system standards according to industry best practices.
- Implement monitoring systems for both on premises and AWS Web Services, systems and infrastructure.
- To take ownership of system infrastructure incidents and problems, liaising with Staff, Vendors, ensuring the quickest time to resolution.
- Undertaking root cause investigations in to system incidents and outages, completing post incident reports using information from multiple sources.
- Maintain documentation of infrastructure systems including risks and issues.
- Maintenance of infrastructure systems to latest stable patch releases.
- Auditing of Infrastructure and systems, monitoring security access and events.
- Effective delivery of infrastructure projects including upgrades, infrastructure refresh, software upgrades and deployments.
- Assist in the development of project plans and help in obtaining user agreement, progressing tasks and participating in project review meetings.
- Provide Level 3 support, assisting the Service Desk to provide first level support and resolve incidents.
- Assisting your Global Infrastructure colleagues in troubleshooting and supporting the entire Infrastructure with the US region, including Cisco Networking infrastructure, Windows Server SCCM, Windows Managed Operating Environment (MOE) and Google G-Suite.
Essential Work Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Strong experience in Amazon Web Services, including but not limited EC2, S3, RDS, Route 53, VPC, CloudWatch, best practice security design, elastic load balancers and auto scaling.
- Strong Database Experience within Microsoft SQL and other database applications
- Proven ability to troubleshoot .Net applications.
- Demonstrated experience with automation in VBScript and Windows Power Shell.
- Experience of Microsoft enterprise systems including Windows Server Operating Systems, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy.
- Experience of implementing and management of application and infrastructure monitoring systems, such as Nagios, Cloudwatch, CloudTrail and Microsoft SCOM.
- Ability to work with Service Desk teams providing Level 3 support, and guidance.
What's in it for you?
A great team to work with plus a competitive Benefit Package, including:
- Medical/dental/vision plans 85% employer paid
- 18 Vacation days
- 11 Holidays
- 5 Sick days
- Short/Long Term Disability 100% employer paid
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- 401k with matching 50% up to a maximum of 3%
For the Record provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, For The Record complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Interested parties must submit a resume to be considered an applicant